At RV University, we see graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. We are looking for a highly creative graphic designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and electronic media. Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable.
Collaborating with multiple teams at our company, the graphic designer should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project.
If you think you have what it takes to bring ideas to life with visual impact, we want to hear from you.
Objectives of this Role
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet the goals of the University.
- Obtain input from management, ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the university appropriately.
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with the Communications team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints.
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams for a wide range of materials that may include banner designs for web, presentations, newsletters, leaflets, brochures, event collaterals and marketing materials.
- Ensure strict compliance of brand identity guidelines
- Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content determining ideal usage of colour, text, font style, imagery, and layout
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or similar discipline
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- 5+ years’ experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Knowledge of WordPress and content management systems a plus
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software
- Desire to continue to grow skill set with ongoing education and training
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment