The Master of Design (M.Des.) is a postgraduate degree programme of two-year duration offering specialisations on Communication Design and Interaction Design.
Our Master of Design curriculum would emphasize on creating Product leaders, Design managers, Strategists, Team leaders, and Design Researchers. The M.Des course curriculum would offer a concentration in your chosen design specialization and few electives from the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the School of Economics & Finance. There would be individual and group projects at specialization as well as institute level.
The Master of Design programme will help students approach topics by asking ‘why’ in order to stimulate creativity. The programme will enable students to identify significant contemporary problems, inculcate critical thinking, critique conventional solutions, and challenge the status-quo in order to provide fresh ideas and solutions through team collaboration. There are dedicated studio spaces where students acquire key skills and explore new design theories and processes in order to ignite new ideas to complex problems in a holistic manner.
Career Options after M.Des Course
Rapid changes in the design industry are due to the preference consumers demonstrate for utility and comfort.
A career after a M.Des. course not only provides one with the satisfaction of seeing ideas manifested into shape and form, but rewards one with recognition.
Why M.Des. at RV University?
- Highly qualified Faculty with tremendous academic and industry experience having qualifications from some of the best Design Schools of the world including NID, IDC (IIT Bombay) etc.
- High quality, affordable global design education
- World class infrastructure of studios, workshops, labs, prototyping and incubation facility
- Design pedagogy that facilitates integrative learning through a multidisciplinary process
- Experiential learning through short and long internships, programs to discover & explore yourself, your neighbourhood and your country
- Self-assessment, where students assess their own work first and only then it is assessed by juries and expert faculty
- International collaborations, master classes
- Experienced and practicing faculty with excellent track record
- Incubation center through which students gain hands-on experience in innovation and entrepreneurship while being nurtured and encouraged by faculty and industry experts
- Locational advantage of studying in Bengaluru which is regarded as the Silicon Valley of India High quality, affordable global education and considered as one of the ‘Next Decade’s Fastest – Growing Cities’ by Forbes Magazine
M.Des Admission Requirements and Important Dates
RVU does not discriminate based on ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, or any factors other than academic matters. The University considers the past academic performance/ merit and equity as the guiding principles for admission in the various programmes of the University.
Indian & International Students
Bachelor’s Degree in Design/ Engineering (Any stream)/ Architecture/ Interior Design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four-year Bachelor’s programme)
- B.Plan. is equivalent to B.Arch.
- Four-year B.Sc. (Engg.) is equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
- Professional Diploma in Design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four-year diploma programme).
B.F.A./B.V.A. (4 Year professional programme with entry after 10+2)
G.D. Arts (four-year program after one-year foundation) + 1 Year of work experience
10 + 2 + 3 year Degree + 1 year work experience
10 + 2 + 3 year Degree in any relevant stream (Applicable only for M. Des in Communication Design)
Based on the performance in RVU Selection Process
Important Dates of RVU Selection Process
March 31st, 2021
How To Apply
Submission of Online Application
Apply Online to RVU on the prescribed application form (available in www.rvu.edu.in) by making an online payment of Rs.1,000.
RV University Selection Process
Applicants will undergo RVU Selection Process depending on the course they have applied for and will be selected accordingly.
Subject to fulfilment of eligibility and admission criteria, applicants shall be issued a selection letter.
Successful applicants in the above selection procedure shall be registered to the programme after receipt of registration fees as specified in the selection letter.
Provisional Admission Letter
Upon completion of the selection procedure for M.Des. admissions, applicants shall be notified about the admission and a Provisional Admission Letter shall be issued.