The Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) is a degree programme of four-year duration offering the following specializations:
- Product Design and Innovation
- Information and Graphic Design
- User Experience Design
- Spatial Design
The curriculum would offer a Major in one of the design specialisations and a minor in one of the specialisations offered by the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the School of Economics & Finance along with other specialisations offered by the School of Design. In addition, there will be few electives offered by all the three schools.
Our curriculum would emphasize on Hand Skills, Digital Skills, Specialization Specific Skills, User Research, Knowledge of Making, Materials, Processes, Sensitivity to Aesthetics, Knowledge of Humans and their behavior, Society, Culture and Environment.
The programme will enable students to identify significant contemporary problems, inculcate critical thinking, critique conventional solutions, and challenge the status-quo to arrive at creative solutions through collaborative team efforts. Working in collaborative, dedicated studio spaces, students would acquire & hone skills and learn design theories, methods and processes that would help develop and refine their ideas which would address the problem identified in a holistic manner.
Why B.Des. at RVU
- Highly qualified Faculty with tremendous academic and industry experience having qualifications from some of the best Design Schools of the world including NID, IDC (IIT Bombay) etc.
- High quality, affordable global design education
- World class infrastructure of studios, workshops, labs, prototyping and incubation facility
- Design pedagogy that facilitates integrative learning through a multidisciplinary process
- Experiential learning through short and long internships, programs to discover & explore yourself, your neighbourhood and your country
- Self-assessment, where students assess their own work first and only then it is assessed by juries and expert faculty
- International collaborations, master classes
- Experienced and practicing faculty with excellent track record
- Incubation center through which students gain hands-on experience in innovation and entrepreneurship while being nurtured and encouraged by faculty and industry experts
- Locational advantage of studying in Bengaluru which is regarded as the Silicon Valley of India High quality, affordable global education and considered as one of the ‘Next Decade’s Fastest – Growing Cities’ by Forbes Magazine
Admission Requirements and Important Dates
RVU does not discriminate based on ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, or any factors other than academic matters. The University considers the past academic performance/ merit and equity as the guiding principles for admission in the various programmes of the University.
Indian & International Students
10+2 or equivalent in any stream; Science, Commerce, Arts, Humanities, etc. (CBSE, ISC, IB, Cambridge, State Boards and other Govt. recognized boards).
Based on the performance in RVU
Important Dates of RVU Selection Process
March 31st, 2021
Commencement of B.Des.
Monday, August 2nd, 2021
Design is rapidly going through a phase of change and innovation due to the increasing consumer demand of preferred utility and comfort. This career not only provides one with the satisfaction of seeing ideas manifested into shape and form, but rewards one with recognition.
How To Apply
Submission of Online Application
Apply Online to RVU on the prescribed application form (available in www.rvu.edu.in) by making an
online payment of Rs.1,000.
RV University Selection Process
Applicants will undergo RVU Selection Process depending on the course they have applied for and will be selected accordingly.
Subject to fulfilment of eligibility and admission criteria, applicants shall be issued a
Successful applicants in the above selection procedure shall be registered to the programme after
receipt of registration fees as specified in the selection letter.
Provisional Admission Letter
Upon completion of the selection procedure, applicants shall be notified about the admission and a
Provisional Admission Letter shall be issued.